New to forum with original 182P

Figured I’d say hello after I’ve been away for a few years. Sold my 421C this summer after our mission flying back and forth from Colorado to Oklahoma changed. Looking forward to some low and slow flying again.

i recently semi retired as a family doc and former AME and work part time on the side.

Word of mouth put me on the “Blue Goose”. It is an original 182P which lived its entire life in Steamboat springs, CO. The sellers father purchased it new in 1975 and she has always been hangared. I drooled over this beauty for years when living there and am super excited about owning the time capsule it is. My first intention is to get some avionics upgraded and make it IFR. When able I’m going to knock my commercial and possibly CFI out and my son will probably use for flight training when he decides to do that.

The current paint shined up really well after good detail and the wife and I will most likely keep that as it is.

TT aircraft and engine is 1370 hours and I’m juggling ideas for its engine when that time comes.

i hope to take delivery in the next week or two and she will be hangared at KRVS in Tulsa.

Just a carbureted guy in fuel injected world!

Comments

• Few more getting polished pics!

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update and congrats on the new family member! She looks great and I can't wait to see how you update it. Thanks for letting us back into your flying life!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Got the blue goose home couple weeks ago. Due to time constraints and family obligations I had a friend ferry it to Tulsa from NW Colorado.

He chose to refuel about 75 miles from Tulsa and the radios went caput. He called and flew to small non towered airport just outside of Tulsa. He had to fly back so I took him to the airport and grabbed portable radio and a friend who is an instructor since it had been around 10 years since flying a 182.

Contacted KRVS tower, told them the situation and got a special squawk and instructions to follow River towards airport and land in 19L. After little playing on radios I was able to get one working so we headed out.

She flew like a dream! Tight, no slop in controls. Engine purred and it didn’t use any oil on the trip home. Surprisingly my friend said she trued out between 140-145 knots the entire way.

I hope to get up this week after having radios fixed and do some air work, learn power settings and knock the dust off. Ironically the most apprehension I have is flying VFR again after flying IFR the last 4 year.

• planewrenchplanewrench IA 48yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector

Nice find Okie! didnt have a panel shot, assume std cessna radios?? LOL

carl

IA 47yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector 172n

• your assumption is correct, if King 170s we’re stock. Nothing has been changed in her.

• My new to me 1974’ C182P

• planewrenchplanewrench IA 48yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector

Nice!!!! Carl

IA 47yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector 172n

• Very nice! Panel upgrade first along same lines as what you have there. Is that the G3x? What do you have for second nav/com?

• I intend on G3X, G500, 650xi or 750xi and a G5. Trying to figure out which I should go with for second nav/com.

My former 421C had dual 750's, 600txi and G600 AP and it was a joy to fly, super comfortable flying single pilot IFR.

• Lovely. It is amazing what life in a hangar will do for paint. That polish took the little oxidation and makes that paint look new!

what did the radio problem turn out to be?

• It’s time was up so we swapped another old radio in it. Looks like I’m sending the blue goose to the avionics in August for its upgrade.

Put a little KY Jelly in your checkbook, lol. ;)

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Just a carbureted guy in fuel injected world!

OMG, that's too funny :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!