Cessna Lubrication Guide?

I recently attended the Paul New cessna 182 maintenance seminar in tulsa ok. It was a fantastic, incredibly detailed seminar and I left with an incredible amount of new knowledge about my cessna. It was well worth attending.

One of the things stressed in the seminar was Proper LUBRICATION done regularly. Little did I know but during an annual inspection... LUBRICATION of anything is not required at all!. AND many things which should be lubricated regularly are never lubricated and the poor owner just assumes things are all being lubricated when the maintenance shop says" oh yeah we lubricate where needed"... well after attending the seminar... there is no way that is happening as there are 100's of lubricating points on a cessna and some of it is quite a lot of extra work. So i was wondering...

Does cessna publish a lubrication guide with time intervals and types of lubricants to be used on each part that needs lubrication? That would really help an owner keep track of everything. Proper lubrication really saves money so this could be a very well sought after guide by all owners if one exists?

John

Comments

• planewrenchplanewrench IA 48yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector

the standard 182 maint manual has checklists as well as lube charts. The checklist will be a good guide for time intervals. Carl

IA 47yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector 172n

• Where can one get or purchase one of these.

• HESSAEROHESSAERO Comml SEL/MEL, Inst, A&P/IA

Printed Cessna maintenance manuals are available from Textron. When you order your maintenance manual, you should also order its mate, the parts book.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hi Mike,

Older manuals for older planes are available online at www.eflightmanuals.com for $50.00. They download in pdf form in moments.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

I would ask your mechanic or shop if they could print the lube pages for you. Its not like 40 pages, more like 5 or 6 max. What model do you have? Carl

Here is a example of later model 182 lube chart. Its not rocket science ( well ok, it is) Pretty generic but you can get the idea of what gets lubed and when intervals. Carl