EAA AirVenture Day One Done!

Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
It's been a long and happy day at Oshkosh, Wisconsin, home of EAA and AirVenture. Today it was sunny and 65 degrees when I arrived at 8am. It peaked at about 73 degrees with a light breeze and low humidity. I dropped in at the display area of our favorite company, Textron/Cessna. I left drool marks on my favorite airplanes, a 172, 182, TTx and a Citation M2. What fantastic airplanes! Dynon sent out a press release stating what we've been waiting along time for: They've entered the Certified aircraft market. Garmin and Aspen are going to get a run for their money, methinks. TKM has a new MX-155 slide in radio replacement for the Bendix-King KX-155. All in all, a great day!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain
    I'm excited to see a slide in replacement for the KX-155. Maybe this will convince me to upgrade my plane to have a glideslope.
  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    Jeff, I got to play with it and it's a great radio. I'll be getting one of the first for a product review article sometime in the next few months. This new radio has lots of hidden features that haven't been announced. One: It's a computer controlled, software driven nav/com. That means that software updates will be available to improve functionality as it matures. Also two: There's blue-tooth for cell phone and headset connectivity. It looks great and performs well. I recommend it highly.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain
    Sounds awesome! I cannot wait to see the price and all of the features!
  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    Check out http://tkmavionics.com/ for details!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!