Interior bare aluminum finishing

Thanks for the forum and opportunity to post a question.Am rebuilding an older C206,the interior bare aluminum had a thick,tar like material, i guess hand brushed on.Removed most of it,due to corrosion underneath.The aircraft supply outlet offers an insulation,treated with fire resistant,but am still looking for something like the origional brushed on material.

Comments

• planewrenchplanewrench IA 48yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector

the tar material is more of a sound deadening effort on cessnas part. I would not recommend any reapply if you have had corrosion under it once. Obviously cleaning and treating the corrosion is job #1. There are several alternatives for insulation. Those can be found in the archives here and on the web. Given the fact that probably 99 percent of us use headsets, i would concentrate on materials that offer insulation over sound. I have insulated and sealed my 172n and will not have to ever tape over my vents in winter. I dont think that cessna ever envisioned corrosion under their mess.

carl

IA 47yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector 172n

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

On the last several of my planes that I've redone with Airtex, I have always used their rubber sound deadening insulation on the walls, ceiling and floor.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks,that clarifies things,wasn’t sure what Cessna was trying to achieve.

• I will check out the Airtex products.Thank You